Wills - Planning For The Future
How can Fidelity Legal Help me?
Having us draw up a will is in your interest because we will:
- make sure your will is valid – that is, properly drawn, signed and witnessed
- make sure your wishes are clearly expressed
- advise you regarding adequate provison for your spouse, de facto partner, children, former spouse, dependants and any person with whom you are living in a close personal relationship
- advise you about tax planning and your will and any possible liability for capital gains tax that might arise from provisions you intend to make in your will,
- advise you on choosing an executor and on the executor’s right to be paid for his or her time and trouble in administering your estate, advise you on the best way to arrange your affairs, and
- keep the will in a safe place.
[Adapted from material prepared for the Law Society of New South Wales]